- No matter what I write here in this blog, someone's going to take offense. And I will hear about it.
- I have the best friends in the world and they're scattered all over the world. Russia, South Korea, Pittsburgh, Texas, California...There are even a few that I don't know where the hell they are, but they're my dear friends anyway.
- It is possible to have a moment of true happiness, even it is a tiny one. Those moments are what make life worth living.
So, with that in mind, I figured I'd state a few goals for 2012 (provided the earth doesn't explode in some Mayan-predicted mishap, although that would be very entertaining). Keep in mind, I feel the whole "New Year's Resolutions" thing just begs to have them broken. That's why these are goals.
- Lose weight. Again. I need to lose about sixty pounds. And, here's the kicker, I want to do it by June. I want to look good in my kilt for the next residency.
- More publishing. The third book in the Stanley Cooper Chronicles will be out, but I also want to expand into other areas. (Remind me to tell you about my friends Sonny Redwood and William Strange.) I would also love it if my agent sold the two novels of mine she's shopping around.
- Write more. Some people question what I mean when I say that because they know I'm ALWAYS working. I have the disposition of a hermit much of the time because I'm always busy. But there are more stories to be told.
- Read more. Always.
- Go to more conventions. This year, I'm eyeballing Armadillocon and Austin Comic Con, but I'm open for any conventions a person wants to book me for.
- Get into better health. That kind of falls under the losing weight thing, but it's more that I need to be more healthy again. I want to be around to see my grandkids, if I get any. That's not a hint! I don't want grandkids right now! I'm only 40 for crying out loud!
- Produce more. That'll be interesting...More on that as it develops.
So that's it. Short list, right? But, sitting here, in this chair, it feels almost insurmountable. Almost. One thing I can say: I've never failed to reach a goal. I just haven't. It's not an option for me. It's one of those things my Father instilled in me, a distinct lack of "quit." So no matter what, I'll reach those goals.
Now it's your turn. What do you have planned for 2012? Anything good? Anything bad? Leave it in the comments. I'd be glad to hear from you.