- Horror Writers Association - I was (and will soon be again) an active member of the HWA, and I can say without hesitation that it is a good group.
- Sci-Fi-Fantasy-Writers Association - Seems to be the model and measuring stick against which all other orgs are measured.
- Romance Writers of America - Good people, and lots of good resources.
- Mystery Writers of America - Check out the author list. There are some really good writers there.
- Erotic Authors Association - Membership is closed until May, 2010
These are just a few that are out there. If your genre isn't listed, do a Google search for your genre. I'm willing to bet you yours will come up. In addition, all of these groups have regional chapters. Think of them as a support group of like minded crazy people. It works. Trust me.