Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make "resolutions."  To me, they're most often promises that, no matter how well intended, are damned near impossible to keep.  However, 2009 was a rough year for many (me included) so I'm looking forward to the new year with a renewed sense of optimism.  So this year, I'm going to make a few, but I'm going to separate the list into two categories:  Things I know will happen (Resolutions), and Things I hope will happen (Goals).

Resolutions

  • Lose weight
  • Get another book published
  • Get my 4th degree black belt in Kajukenbo
  • Make better financial decisions
Easy list, right?  But here are the goals.  Feel free to help along with this list if you can...

Goals
  • Find an agent
  • Break into the larger publishers
  • Lose 50 pounds
  • Save enough money to have a good 2010 Christmas
  • Be a better person
  • Manage my stress
  • Make better episodes of Dreadtime Stories
  • Find Stanley Cooper a home
  • Be a better teacher
  • Read more
  • Exercise more
Much harder list.  As to the first two, if you know a good agent looking for clients, send me his or her e-mail address.  After that, it's a question of me improving myself.

On the whole, I hope everyone who reads this has a safe, happy, profitable and personally fulfilling 2010.  Keep your wits about you, and may your lives be enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Resolutions, smesolutions. I'm voting for just changing my entire outlook. Thanks for helping me feel like that's really working this evening.

    -Cathy, AKA Simbelmynë, AKA that woman who would just not stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete