- Deadlands - I'd love to have it made into a movie. I think my vision of the zombie apocalypse would work well on a cinematic level, and I'd even love to see the "SyFy Channel Presents Scott A. Johnson's DEADLANDS" on my television. It could work!
- Cane River: A Ghost Story - One of my biggest regrets is that this book never got a chance to spread its wings and fly. Cane River came out, literally, weeks before the publisher went belly-up, so there was no advertising, no promotion, nothing. A few people read it, and most of them liked it. So I think the goal here is to give it a decent run.
- Stanley Cooper - Ah, Stanley, my alter-ego. I want to see VERMIN and PAGES done as movies. I'm not saying I'd want to play the lead (after all, he is a stylized version of myself), but I'd love to see him on the big screen. I think Stanley has a lot to offer the movie-going audience.
- Screenwriting - I'm already a screenwriter. Really. Part of that involves the super-duper-secret project I'm working on, but I've written several movies. But I want to write more. I want to be able to jump into a meeting with Warner Brothers and have them take me seriously.
- Respect - Okay, I know this is dumb and totally ego-serving, but I want a Stoker. Awards don't mean anything, right? Well, tough, because I still want one. I'd love to win a Stoker, a Hugo, or any of the thousand other horror-related writing awards out there. Why? Because. That's why. It means something to me. Do I need one to legitimatize myself as a writer? Of course not. But I'd love to be able to put "Award-Winning" next to my author by-line. Plus, when you're like me and love to teach, universities tend to look more seriously at your resume if you've got something like that on it.
- MFA - That's right, I don't have one of these, and I'd like to have one. Of course, I don't have the money or time, but I can dream, right? Besides, what's the overall goal of college courses anyway? To be able to learn to do something well enough to survive doing it, right? Well, I don't really need an MFA because I seem to know what I'm doing. But I want one, all the same.
So that's my list of goals, dreams, wishes and wants. Do you want to see Stanley Cooper come to life on the big screen? Tell me. Do you, too, wish to see your work on an award ballot? Let me know! What are your goals and dreams as a writer? What do you think you need to do to reach those dreams?